Software Developer in Test (SDET) for Government Contractor
Needs to hire 7 Freelancers
Please note that this is a full time role.
We are willing to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for the right candidates.
Our team is responsible for new application development, maintenance, enhancement, and operation. This position requires US citizenship, and all employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. Our software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of replacement and modernization of existing legacy applications.
What You Will Do:
– Design and develop System Test Automation Scripts using Selenium, Protractor, Jasmin, Cucumber, or and equivalent tools
– Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
– Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
– Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers
– Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, test cases, implement test data management strategy, and generate required reports.
– Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
– Gather non-functional performance requirements, analyze and strategize the performance test approach
– Build performance testing frameworks that can be leveraged by development teams and QA teams to do their performance testing
– Hands-on script development using JMeter or Gatling or other open source tools
– Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics.
– Ability to work closely with Application Development and DevOps teams to identify, troubleshoot and debug performance issues
– Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but quality of testing and feedback to engineers
What You Bring:
– Strong programming/scripting experience and passion for testing
– Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in cloud environment.
– Minimum of 3 years of experience in manual functional and regression testing and preparing relevant test cases
– Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
New Relic or dynaTrace etc
– Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing
– Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
– Experience in Agile and Scrum development methodologies
– Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance
– Knowledge in management tools such as JIRA Platform, Serena Business
Manager, and/or HP Quality Center (QC)
– Strong written and communication skills required
– Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team
– BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
– Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
uBuild / uDeploy
Experience in all or some of the following programming platform:
Linux Bash Scripting
Ruby, Python, PHP or Perl
RESTful APIs /JSON
Experience in developing in Cloud environment
Experience in API automation
Knowledge of SOA, Cloud and multi-tenant architectures